We all well and truly know by now just how effective video is. To be honest, I don’t know why I’m writing this blog (just kidding, SEO and keyword-rich content are important, too).
People are visual, and video is engaging, so it’s no wonder video is more popular than any other type of content in the digital sphere. It enables businesses, individuals, and even dogs, to share their story. Video content is no longer an optional part of a marketing plan, it’s a necessity, and for a good reason.
To show just how video has become an increasingly vital part of any digital marketing strategy, we wanted to share the top video marketing statistics coming into 2019.
If the sheer volume of video content online isn’t enough to convince you that video is here to stay, we’ve gathered the top video and video marketing statistics we could find online to get the message across.
- 81% of businesses use video as a marketing tool — up from 63% over the last year. (Hubspot)
- 6 out of 10 people would rather watch online videos than television. (Google)
- By 2022, online videos will make up more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic — 15 times higher than it was in 2017. (Cisco)
- 78% of people watch online videos every week, and 55% view online videos every day. (HubSpot)
- A Facebook executive predicted that their platform will be all video and no text by 2021. (Quartz)
- YouTube is the second most popular website after Google. (Alexa)
- Users view more than 1 billion hours of video each day on YouTube. (YouTube)
- 59% of executives say they would rather watch a video than reading text. (Wordstream)
- 75% of all video plays are on mobile devices. (eMarketer)
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text. (Insivia)
- 72% of customers would rather learn about a product or service by way of video. (HubSpot)
- People are 1.5 times more likely to watch video on their mobile phones. (Facebook)
- 92% of users watching video on mobile will share it with others. (Wordstream)
- By 2020 there will be close to 1 million minutes of video crossing the internet per second. (Cisco)
Social video statistics
An increasing number of social networks, including front-runner, Facebook, now prioritise video content, further increasing the need for businesses to get on board if they want to be noticed online.
- Social media posts with video have 48% more views. (HubSpot)
- 62% of people said they were more interested in a product after seeing it in a Facebook Story. (Marketing Land)
- 75 million people visit Facebook’s video platform every day. (Adweek)
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and image content combined. (G2 Crowd)
- Video campaigns on LinkedIn have 50% view rates. (LinkedIn)
- Social video gets shared 1200% more than text and images combined. (Wordstream)
- Mobile video ad spend is expected to be around 72% of the total digital ad spend this year. (eMarketer)
- 81% of businesses prefer Facebook for their video marketing. (Buffer)
Video marketing statistics
Here are some stats specific to video marketing and the impact it can have on revenue.
- Videos attract 300% more traffic and help to nurture leads. (MarketingSherpa)
- A website is 53 times more likely to reach the front page of Google if it includes video. (Insivia)
- Including a video on your landing page can boost your conversion rate by up to 80%. (Unbounce)
- Nearly 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store. (Hubspot)
- Video increases organic search traffic on a website by 157%. (Conversion XL)
- 85% of consumers want to see more video content from brands. (HubSpot)
- 65% of executives have gone to the business site and 39% have called them on the phone after watching a video. (Forbes)
- 52% of marketers say video is the type of content with the best ROI. (HubSpot)
- Adding video to your emails can increase click rates by 300%. (HubSpot)
- On average, people spend 2.6x more time on pages with video than without. (Wistia)
- 64% of consumers will make a purchase after watching branded videos on social platforms. (Tubular Insights)
- Video is expected to make up 82% of internet traffic by 2021. (Cisco)
Is your mind reeling from all these percentages? I thought so. It makes it pretty clear video is here to stay, and if you don’t take advantage and prioritise video as part of your marketing strategy; you’re going to get left behind.
Lucky for you, that’s where we come in. Pepper Productions are a team of experts who excel in planning, shooting and editing effective, engaging content for businesses. What makes us different? It doesn’t stop at creating the video, it’s implementing the video as part of a campaign that gets real ROI for your business. Our marketing arm, Chilli, is a marketing and creative agency on the Sunshine Coast who specialise in creating stand out video marketing campaigns. Anyone can create a video; it’s what you do with it that counts. Let us show you what we can do to get results for your business.